Top Ten Book-Related Problems I Have
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and features weekly top-ten lists! This week is all about book related problems, so here are mine.
1. I keep buying books, despite how large my TBR is. Finanicial situation has forced me to minimize this and I have, but it’s only a matter of time before a book buying spree. *sigh*
2. So many distractions! Between internet/Twitter, Youtube, shows and video gaming, it’s tough to squeeze in the reading. I need to be better at this, I know.
3. Space. That’s definitely an issue with books when you buy a lot.
4. The never-ending TBR, especially of owned books, making me feel guilty for reading library books. I NEED to stick to the books I own, with the exception of graphic novels. That’s gonna be a new goal for this year after I’ve read A Cold Legacy and Red Queen. But I’ll wait several months until I get Red Queen, just to take care of some of these.
5. Slumps. I get into them way more often than I should unfortunately, and I don’t know why.
6. I spend a lot more time TALKING about books than actually READING them.
7. Trying to find the best place to read. Currently my best place is the bed, but then I tend to doze off so… I need to fix this.
8. Noise. I’m the kind of reader that really reads best in complete silence. Which I don’t have right now… so that’s a huge obstacle for me.
9. My dog. I love her, but she can be so needy!
10. Cover matching. It irritates me if covers don’t match. I’m seriously bugged by it. Also if a series isn’t all paperback or all hardback. I have one series where the first and last book are PB but the second book is HB just because I found it for really cheap, but it still bugs me so much.