Top Ten Tuesday: Author Duos!
Posted by Zi (Bookish Gamer)
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and features weekly top-ten lists! This week is “Author Duos You’d LOVE to See Write a Book Together.” You’ll notice I only made it to 8, but that’s okay! This was a fun list to come up with.
1. If Tamora Pierce ever wrote with someone else, she should write with Garth Nix. I mean, can you even imagine what they might come up with? Obviously a great fantasy right?
2. This one might seem weird, but Libba Bray and Neil Gaiman. With Libba’s humor and Neil’s quirk, it would be a very entertaining book!
3. J.K Rowling would probably not write with another, but if she did, it would be cool to see what she could do with Scott Westerfeld (basing this on his Leviathan series, as I have yet to read his other books).
4. Jessi Kirby and Courtney C. Stevens. I can’t really say why, but I think they’d match well.
5. Marie Rutkoski and Nikki Kelly. I don’t know why.
6. Kazu Kagushi and Neil Gaiman. I know Neil has worked with various artists and I love Kazu’s artwork, so I think they could produce a cool original story with Kazu’s art style. It would be one gorgeous graphic novel!
7. Peter S. Beagle and Brandon Sanderson. Brandon writes huge chunkers, while Peter’s tales are on the more average or smaller size, but with Peter’s whimsical fantasy style and Brandon’s more epic style, it would be a very nice blend I think.
8. Megan Shepherd and Suzanne Collins. I’m thinking a dark and violent thriller or suspense novel, and it doesn’t even matter if it takes place in the future or past. The atmosphere of a book by them would be awesome and perfect for October!
I’m going to end here because while I still have authors in mind who could make great collabs, I don’t know who to pair them with. Besides, I think I ended on a fall appropriate pairing. I still need to figure out what I should read for Halloween. Leave me your recommendations if you have any! I want spooky, but not really gory or containing shock value. Just something fun that won’t give me nightmares. 🙂 Last year, I chose Horrorstor for my spooky read and had a blast reading it, so I want to read a “scary story” every October now.