Top Ten Tuesday: Book Genie Wishes
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and features weekly top-ten lists! This week’s topic is 10 Wishes I’d Ask the Book Genie to Grant Me. This is going to be a fun list!
1. My wish would be to read 40-50 pages an hour consistently. I could get so much more reading done if I could! Right now I’m still very slow, wavering at 20-30 pages per hour. Once upon a time, I could do 40. I’d love to get back to that speed, even though that’s probably still slow to many people.
2. If the book genie wants to give me more Brandon Sanderson books, I’ll happily accept :D. It might take me a long time to read, but his writing is worth it! No longer “intimidated” by their length, because there’s a high reward with them. I need more, but I’m kind of on a book buying ban.
3. An epic library room. Who doesn’t want this? It would be lined with bookshelves, with a nice writing desk (I like to write too), and a comfy chaise lounge to read in. Also being my room, it’d have a healthy stack of crochet blankets lol.
4. I’d love to know what kind of books Hermione Granger would read for fun, outside of the nonfiction we read about in Harry Potter. Like what does she read in her downtime? And how does fantasy work in their world? Does she like the genre, even while being a witch at Hogwarts? So many random thoughts lol.
5. A new bookcase. I need more space for books.
6. I wish I could know the name and author of a book I loved as a kid. It was a really cool book about a house this family moved into and the kids found this whole creepy attic that seemed massive, and all I remember is it was a scary story starring this boy and girl who I think were siblings with this house that was bigger on the inside. The odd thing is I do remember what the cover looked like, but that’s not too helpful…
7. Another book I loved and also read as a kid was about this girl who went to the mall and bought this creepy dollhouse and found herself sucked into it. It was fabulously creepy and I wish I could remember!
8. I wish the book fairy could give me a list of every book I’ve ever read, honestly. I only started keeping track in 2010. 😦
9. Dear book fairy, just make one person close to me read the books I like. It’d be so much fun to flail and fangirl with someone in real life. Hubby and friends have read HP, but I’m talking about currently, newer books or current series like Winner’s Curse.
10. Remember the last TTT? Make a book from Libba Bray and Neil Gaiman happen. IT WOULD BE SO COOL.