Microsoft started out with revealing the formerly known as Xbox Scorpio, now named Xbox One X. Honestly I’m not fond of that name, but the system is fine. I don’t have an Xbox One yet, so it will probably be the one we buy, though I’m not sure that price is worth it. It will release on November 7th for $499. At least it will enhance graphics of earlier Xbox One titles, but I don’t know if it’ll actually make a noticeable difference if you don’t own a 4K TV?
Moving on to the games, there were a few that struck my fancy.
1. There was Metro Exodus, which takes the series open world. I don’t have either of the previous Metro games, but I’m interested.
2. Deep Rock Galactic had a short trailer, but enough to entice, and it looks like fun.
3. The Minecraft community marketplace is fine I suppose as is the cross platform capability, and the graphic overhaul is nice.
4. The Artful Escape grabbed my attention and I’ll be keeping my eye on it for future trailers/info.
5. Codevein speaks to my love of JRPGs even if it’s on the darker side. It kind of makes me think of Pandora’s Tower on the Wii.
I’m planning on getting Tacoma if reviews come out good, but I’ll be getting the PC version on GOG.
6. Super Lucky’s Tale is a game right up my alley, I will be playing this when I get the chance. I’m a sucker for cute animal and platformer games.
7. Cuphead was on my radar since they first announced it because the art style of old Disney cartoon is just so charming.
8. Ooblets showed up in the ID@Xbox trailer along with these titles I’ll have to learn more about later: Unruly Heroes, Fortnite, Battlerite, Surviving Mars, Robocraft Infinity, Astroneer, Brawlout, Riverbond, Shift.
9. Life is Strange: Before the Storm made me really want to check out Life is Strange. I heard about it of course, but never paid much attention. Definitely worth a look though.
10. And finally, Ori and the Will of the Wisps was stunning. I have yet to pick up Ori and the Blind Forest, but it’s been on my wishlist for awhile and this trailer was achingly beautiful.
That was a LOT more games than I originally thought in my head. So all in all, a good showing. I’m very much looking forward to Sony and Nintendo’s offerings!
As for the PC side of things, very quickly:
1. Battletech looks awesome, and I say that as someone who never played a Mechwarrior or battletech games. My husband’s a huge fan though and after seeing the trailer, I’m totally willing to play it along with him.
2. New Mount and Blade is coming (have yet to play but want to, bought on sale awhile ago). It seems like a fun series, and I love games where you can ride steeds/horses.
3. Tunic looks cute, and I’m hoping it will come to GOG because I’d like to buy it if reviews are good.
4. There were some others, but the one I want most is Wargroove; I love Chucklefish, which you’ll know by my playing Starbound and currently sucked into Stardew Valley. I also really like Advance Wars and Fire Emblem, so I’m going to love this too.
I meant to post this sooner, but unfortunately I got a cold, so after watching E3 stuff I couldn’t finish writing; had to take care of myself. Hopefully I will get my Sony and Nintendo post up by tonight, otherwise, look for it tomorrow. What were your thoughts on the Xbox presentation or PC Gaming Show?
I’m not sure what to say that wasn’t already said previously, I meant to come back to blogging and just never did. Life changed a lot for the better mostly, but all my attention has mainly been on crafting. It has been addicting and great for me mentally. I’ve got about 3 years crocheting, picked up knitting this year and added cross stitching several months ago. While learning, practicing and creating, my reading dropped dramatically, my playing hasn’t changed too much but I just haven’t been finishing many games. I’m hoping to work on balance and shift myself from youtube videos/tv while crafting to audiobooks to up my reading.
But anyway, I decided I wanted to blog about E3 again since I’ve had so much fun doing it the last times I did. However, this time I’m only going to really talk about the stuff that interests me after a run down of games shown; I think that’s similar to what I did last time, but I’ll mainly only cover Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo this year unless something else pops out (or CD Projekt Red shows something on Cyberpunk 2077 because I really want that game!).
With that said, look for my post later tonight/early tomorrow for my thoughts on Microsoft! Thanks for visiting, I’ll try hard to stick around this time.