So this week I tried out two new shows, and honestly, they aren’t great.
First one I saw was The Gifted, which is in the X-Men Universe but featuring no X-Men, just new mutants. The focus is on a family trying to keep their mutant kids safe, since mutants are rounded up by the government. It kept my interest, so I’ll probably watch a few more episodes, but I’d love an actual X-Men show that’s good.
Next up, the first 3 episodes of The Inhumans. Let me just say, if I’d paid for the IMAX showing, I would have been greatly disappointed. It’s not on par with other Marvel shows and I’m so sad that Agent Carter got replaced by it (Agent Carter imo was the best Marvel show). The acting is pretty bad honestly. The plot so far is weak.
For games, I’ve been playing Culdcept Revolt and getting really into it. I have a thing about collecting and it’s fun to get new cards, though sometimes I find deck building a bit challenging since I don’t play any deck building games in real life so I’m never sure if I’m making good builds or not. Still, slowly playing my way through the quest mode. I’ve switched back to Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy to finally finish it in anticipation for Layton’s Mystery Journey, which should arrive sometime this week. On PC, outside of my LP’s, I’m going back to Stardew Valley, which is fun.
No book update for now, but I really should make time for reading. It’s just hard to fit in everything. I don’t know if I’ll do a weekly roundup every week, which is why I numbered it. What new shows have you seen? Anything you can recommend?
Sony had their presentation Monday night, but I was feeling too bad to do anything but watch and take notes. Overall, they didn’t show what I most wanted to see, and there wasn’t anything that got me too excited. I had wanted to see a new Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer, Ni No Kuni 2 or The Last of Us 2, though I guess I should be thankful I didn’t see the latter in case of spoilers (I’m still playing the first game).
They showed expansion packs for Uncharted and Horizon Zero Dawn and while I plan on playing both in the future, expansions don’t interest me on their own, unless included in GOTY editions or have a good deal (for instance, I did buy both Witcher 3 expansions, because they were loaded with content). I’m not at all interested in Days Gone. I’ve tried Monster Hunter in the past (MH4U specifically) and it wasn’t really for me, I find it too difficult. Shadow of the Collosus seems to have made a lot of people happy, but I’ve never played it and still don’t think it’s the game for me personally. Marvel vs Capcom Ultimate though? Yes, though it wasn’t “new” as I knew of it already. The only negative I have on the trailer is that it didn’t really show what kind of game it was. There was a single VR game that I wish wasn’t VR; that game was Moss. It was adorable with the mouse warrior! You’d think I would have read Redwall with how I reacted (note to self: read/listen to the Redwall series already). Detroit Become Human looked interesting (I’m a cyberpunk fan), and Marvel Spiderman was a nice surprise.
Now let’s talk Nintendo! This is what I was most excited about and they did not disappoint! I loved EVERYTHING. So let’s get started!
1. Rocket League is coming to Switch, which is awesome though I haven’t played. This fact might make me change my mind though. It will also have exclusive customizations and cross play with other platforms. I can see this being popular for Switch users.
2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 still has British voice actors! I loved that about Xenoblade Chronicles and will definitely be picking this one up. And yay, there are still Nopons!
3. KIRBY! Not until 2018 but still makes me so happy.
4. METROID PRIME 4. Every fan has already heard about it but hooray for the confirmation, I hope we get actual footage in a future direct or next E3!
5. YOSHI! He’s felted this time, in a cardboard diorama world. The crafty geek in me loves this as much as I loved Yoshi’s Wooly World.
6. Fire Emblem Warriors makes me think I really need to start Hyrule Warriors this weekend.
7. I’m not really planning on buying DLCs for Breath of the Wild, but maybe if there’s a sale or something. There’s so much to do without and I’m nowhere near finished so it’s no rush for me.
8. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle has me sold, even if rabbids are annoying. I like everything I’ve seen.
9. Super Mario Odyssey. Does anything need to be said? I NEED a Switch before it comes out, come on Nintendo, make them more available!
These were announced after the Direct, but nevertheless I’m going to buy both. Metroid Samus Returns is a gorgeous 2D Metroid remake of the 2nd game, but more than just a remake. And the Metroid amiibo is perfect, hope I can get my hands on it. The other game is Mario And Luigi Superstar Saga remake + Bowser’s Minions.
Overall, Nintendo did awesome this E3, while the others were sort of lackluster in comparison. The future of gaming is bright and I have WAY too many games to play already but I don’t care. What was your favorite thing about this E3? Did you watch any of the tournaments?